KA Linear actuator
KA series linear actuators are used to precisely adjust dampers in all air-conditioning, ventilation and heating systems as well as in furnace installations, process plant engineering and other fields of industry.
They are available with actuating forces of 400 N - 5000 N. The stroke units are designed for stroke lengths of 150 - 1100 mm.
The technical construction mirrors that of series N actuators. End position limit stop is path-dependent. The standard scope of supply includes a limit switch for each end position. These are designed as changeover switches and can also perform supplementary functions such as end position indication or sequential control tasks. Additional auxiliary position switches and potentiometers are also available. Fitting a relay makes it possible to control several actuators simultaneously via a common contact.
A solid cast bracket is available to mount the actuator. A connecting pin is included for connecting the actuator with the connecting rod. The spindle is protected by a protective tube.
Depending on the positioning time it is possible to supply actuators from this series that offer force-dependent switch-off functionality (optional). This switch-off functions prevents damage occurring to the valve in the event of a blockage.
- Single-phase AC synchronous motor with permanent magnets, reversible 230 V ± 10%, 50/60 Hz ± 5% (data sheet KA)
- 100% duty cycle as standard
- Short start/stop times
- Insulation class B to VDE 0530
- Synchronous motors maintain speed and positioning time irrespective of the load
- Tropical insulation
- DC motor (data sheet KA DC)
- Custom voltages
- Custom frequencies
- Spur gearing with straight-toothed steel gears
- Rugged, maintenance-free
- Permanently lubricated gears
- Self-lubricating sintered bronze bearings
- Encapsulated version, operates in any position
- Fixing bracket made of die-cast aluminium
- Spindle made of stainless steel
- Spindle self-locking
- Needle bearings to absorb axial forces
- Steel and bronze materials for good anti-seizure properties
- Connection terminals positioned centrally close to cable entry
- Screw-type terminals
- Two free slots to retrofit additional position switches
- Retrofitting of extensions possible without any problems through additional PCB terminals
- Infinitely adjustable control cams
- Open/close signal
- Path-dependent limit switch-off
- One limit switch each for the end positions
- Additional potential-free switching contacts
- Electronic position controller ESR-N (integrated in the actuator or external)
- Potentiometer 200Ω … 10 kΩ
- Electromechanical force-sensitive switch shuts off the motor if a blockage occurs
- -15 °C to +60 °C
- 0 °C to +60 °C when an electronic position controller ESR-N is used
- Up to +100 °C, duty cycle S3-2 min / 24 h
- Down to -40 °C