N1 - N4 A Z2/22 Rotary and part-turn actuator
For Ex zones 2 and 22, the successful N series has been further developed to meet the European explosion protection standards. The actuators have the ATEX certificate number: EPS 19 ATEX 1 047 X.
The ATEX actuators N1-N4A belong to the standard series of the many possibilities in the Agromatic delivery program. The wide torque range from 1 Nm up to 60 Nm and a multitude of options make this series the optimal solution in plant engineering.
The rotary and part-turn actuators of Ex-zones 2 and 22 are designed for use in areas of temperature class T6, therefore they can also be used in temperature classes T1-T5.
The design of the housing made of die-cast aluminium and zinc in combination with a permanently lubricated steel gearbox with sintered bronze plain bearings allows the actuators to be used in a
wide temperature range and in a harsh operating environment.
An electronic positioner (option) can simplify the integration of the rotary and part-turn actuator into the control of complex systems.
- Single-phase AC synchronous motor with permanent magnets, reversible 230 V ± 10%, 50/60 Hz ± 5% (data sheet N1-N4, N4A)
- 100% duty cycle as standard
- Short start/stop times
- Insulation class B to VDE 0530
- Synchronous motors maintain speed and positioning time irrespective of the load
- Tropical insulation
- Three-phase motor (data sheet N1-N4 DS, N4A DS)
- DC motor (data sheet N1-N4 DC, N4 A DC)
- Custom voltages
- Custom frequencies
- Spur gearing with straight-toothed steel gears
- Rugged, maintenance-free
- Permanently lubricated gears
- sSelf-lubricating sintered bronze bearings
- Encapsulated version, operates in any position
- Diameter 12 mm, with 5 mm diameter cross-hole
- Diameter 12 mm with feather key
- Output shaft with square socket WAF 14 mm (F05 DIN ISO 5211)
- Other output shafts on request
- Connection terminals positioned centrally close to cable entry
- Screw-type terminals
- Two free slots to retrofit additional auxiliary position switches
- Retrofitting of extensions possible without any problems through additional PCB terminals
- Open/close signal
- Additional potential-free contacts
- Electronic position controller ESR-N (integrated in the actuator or external)
- Potentiometer 200Ω … 10 kΩ
- Electromechanical emergency torque limit switch shuts off the motor if a blockage occurs
- -15 °C to +60 °C
- 0 °C to +60 °C when an electronic position controller ESR-N is used
- Up to +80 °C, duty cycle S3-50%
- Down to -40 °C